Thursday 4 April 2013

Sitting Dancing



If you're looking for a new way to approach dance, this is it. The simplicity of every aspect: the music and its lyrics, the colors, the movement, it all gathers seamlessly here in this 2-minute production that has you mesmerized and inevitably believing you could probably do the same if you worked at it hard enough. It's that level of inspiration that makes me come back to watch this again and again. The more contemporary dance I immerse myself in, the more everyday movement I see. This pedestrian nature makes for more accessible art, which is something I think every artist is striving for - not so that their piece is deemed more successful, but so that they can share it with more people. This piece by Matt Luck does exactly that; it's quirkiness and literal take on the lyrics is something brand new to me, and yet the humour of it does not distract from its overall aesthetic. It really adds to whole mood and enhances it as an artistic endeavor. Clearly I could go on about this forever, but I'd love to hear from you. 

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?